The possibilities of the internet are changing our lives and the world of business profoundly. However skilled experts who can help companies move into the digital age are hard to find. The Business Networking eBusiness programme provides the key qualifications necessary to enable companies and other organizations to compete successfully in the future and to move into new areas of business.
Under the slogan "Join us!" the Business Networking eBusiness programme in the Faculty of Business Information provides the basis for women to work successfully in the field of eBusiness .
If you enjoy working with other people, including working abroad and are interested in eBusiness, then this is the right programme for you.
How will we work in the future?
How user-friendly is a website and how can we test it?
Students learn the criteria of what a good website should look like, design their own prototypes based on these and afterwards carry out usability tests.
Virtual reality will increasingly be used in the future, and not just for games. In the MCI - Man-Computer-Interaction course, the various possibilities of virtual reality will be tested.
Currently e-business is one of the largest growth markets in the world. The Business Networking E-business programme combines the specialization of e-business with web-and media design, business studies, computer science and soft skills.
The combination of subject knowledge, methodology and soft skills, as well as the balance of theory and practice in the curriculum enables our graduates to work successfully in the global economy.
The following are of prime importance in the course :
- Teaching of current technological know-how and methods
- Teaching of theory and coaching in the development of soft skills
- Development of ability to learn new information and skills quickly - also as a basis for lifelong learning
- Foreign experience and internationality
The programme content is practice-oriented and of course continually adapted to changes in technology and business so that we are always able to offer courses which are highly topical.
Students gain workplace experience during the integrated internship semester which is broadened in other projects carried out in cooperation with companies during both the foundation and advanced studies.
The Business Networking eBusiness programme aims to teach the fundamentals of business information systems in 3 semesters by focusing on eBusiness in the areas of business studies, computer science and soft skills.
Practical application in companies and specialization:
In the 4th semester (internship semester) students put their theoretical knowledge into practice (e.g. in industrial companies or consulting companies) and start to work on their own areas of interest in which they would like to specialize in the 5th and 6th semesters at the University in electives and/or in a semester abroad.
The specializations we offer include:
- Business Intelligence & Big Data
- eMarketing & eTourism
- Project management
The final assignment (thesis) is normally written in a company.
- Fundamental theory and practice of business studies, e-business and computer science
- E-business business models and planning of e-business solutions
- Methods for the interfacing of specialist applications and computer science in the areas of software engineering and man-computer interaction
- Business process management and logistics
- Design and use of standard software systems (ERP systems)
- Databank research and knowledge management
- E-tourism & marketing
- Ability to plan, carry out and manage business information systems projects
- Presentation and moderation skills
- Teamworking and interpersonal skills
- Self-management skills and the ability to network with other IT professionals
- Scientific methods enabling further academic study
- Foreign language and intercultural awareness skills
- Specialist skills in planning, development and management of business information and communication systems
- Expert knowledge of the analysis, planning and management of both company-internal and wider processes
- Development of new business models and internet-based software solutions for the tourism sector
- Online marketing and customer services
- Entrepreneurial skills necessary to start own business in one of the above-mentioned areas