The aim of Business Information Systems is to solve business and administrative problems in companies and organizations efficiently through the use of modern information and communications systems. Because these are used in every aspect of modern business, business information systems play an important role in helping companies and organizations to prepare themselves for the future and are central to competitive strategy planning.
Our 4 areas of specialization plus other electives allow students to customize their courses, enabling them to assemble a portfolio of specialist skills to prepare themselves for a future career in one of many diverse and exciting career pathways.
Business Information Systems is an interdisciplinary programme combining various aspects of business, organization, psychology and IT. The programme is human-oriented with analytical, planning, technical and communicative skills all playing an important role.
- Ability to to formulate, present and discuss specialist topics and solutions to problems for colleagues in specialist areas and customers
- Project management and teamworking skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills, scientific methods
- Proficiency in English at Level 6 (see Language Center, Furtwangen University)
- Project management for the planning, development and introduction of business information and communications systems
- Applications and process counselling
- Management of business information and communications systems
- Software development of business information systems
- Entrepreneurial skills necessary to start own business in one of the above-mentioned areas