The Business Application Architectures master's programme is tailored to the needs of business for software and systems architects. The course deals with in-depth technical and business know-how and the design, set up and implementation of modern technologies and architectures.
Core competencies in the areas of software, systems and business are gained in two theoretical study semesters and one thesis semester.
Learning outcomes for the programme are as follows:
- Ability to find optimal solutions for complex IT architectures in an increasingly networked business world using the latest IT architecture methods and technologies from the workplace and science
- Analysis and implementation of the core corporate functions of application systems using practical and scientific developments
- Application of design and development methods and operation of application architectures
- Structure and organization of large SW projects
- Understanding of the interdisciplinary aspects of IT management
- Ability to plan, execute and manage application architecture projects
- Ability to learn new information and skills quickly and carry out academic work (also as a basis for lifelong learning and doctoral work, and the spoken and written communication of scientific results)
- Ability to apply design and communicative skills when dealing with the differing priorities of diverse stakeholders (customers, project leaders and developers)
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills in projects
- Soft skills for self-management, project management and teamwork
- Reflective manner in dealing with others, teamworking skills and ability to deal with ethical and intercultural challenges
- Training as IT architect familiar with the life cycle of application systems
- Ability as a junior architect to design applications of moderate complexity or work with senior architects to develop large-scale systems. With several years of professional experience, ability to work independently.
- Development of IT architectures and business applications systems
- Consulting on networking and integration of existing systems
- Implementation of solutions for information management and business architectures