A pre-study internship is a prerequisite for all bachelor's programmes at the Faculty of Business Administration and Engineering. The pre-study internship should be carried out before the programme starts, however it can be taken before the start of the lecture period in the 3rd semester. It can be taken in maximum 2 stages. Further information can be found in the Pre-study Internship Information Sheet.
The grade required depends on the applicant situation and is decided after the application phase. If there is a selection process, this first takes school grades into consideration. However bonus point are also awarded for vocational training, practical activities and work experience, extra-curricular achievements and stays abroad of at least 3 months.
The application deadlines are:
- for the coming winter semester: 15 July
- for the coming summer semester: 15 January
Applications received after these deadlines will not be accepted.
Everything you need to know about applying can be found here.
- Rooms and flats are offered here: HFU Wohnungsmarkt.
- Student Services Freiburg offer places in student halls of residence and through their online accommodation exchange.
- There are also private offers for rooms in student halls or in shared flats.
More information about accommodation can be found here.
Graduates have many career opportunities in industry and in the services sector, where there has been a strong demand for graduates for many years now.
Therefore graduates of the Faculty of Business Administration and Engineering (WING) have excellent job prospects.
Further information on careers perspectives can be found here:
Graduates can choose between the following two master's programmes offered by the Faculty of Business Administration and Engineering:
- Business Administration and Engineering - Sales & Service Engineering (MBA) - can be taken part-time.
- Business Administration and Engineering - Product Innovation (MSc) - a full-time programme.
Yes. Contact our WING student ambassador by WhatsApp und the following telephone number: 01520 6384182. A student ambassador will contact you and arrange an appointment for you. Or contact us by email: wing(at)hs-furtwangen.de to set up an appointment.
Upon application, accreditation for courses taken at other universitsities is decided by the head of the Faculty Examination Board. Application must be submitted within 3 weeks of the start of lectures:
Please follow these procedures:
- Initial meeting with the head of the Faculty Examination Board/Dean of Studies regarding procedures and accreditation possibilities.
- Head of the Faculty Examination Board/Dean of Studies confirms appointment for submission of application.
- Applicant applies for accreditation recognition from each person responsible for the modules which he/she wishes to be accredited.
- Submission of application to Head of the Faculty Examination Board/ Dean of Studies. They have the final say regarding the accreditation.
- Head of the Faculty Examination Board/Dean of Studies submits application and Notification of Credit Transfer to Examinations Office. Student receives a copy.
WING alone has 30 partner faculties abroad. Furtwangen University has in total more than 140 foreign partner universities. Click here for an overview of partner faculties and universities.
It is not necessary to take a semester abroad, but it is recommended. This can be done during the practical internship semester.