The Business Administration and Engineering - Engineering Management bachelor's programme is aimed at those in full-time employment who have already completed advanced vocational training in a technical field, e.g.:
- certified Technical Specialist (Geprüfte(r) Technische(r) Fachwirt(in) (IHK) )
- certified Industrial Master (Geprüfte(r) Industriemeister(in) (IHK) )
- state certified Technician (Staatlich geprüfte(r) Techniker(in) )
- certified Technical Manager (Geprüfte(r) Technische(r) Betriebswirt(in) (IHK) )
- or similar
and who wish to gain a university degree with a technical focus part-time.
The Business Administration and Engineering - Technical Management degree programme is a cooperative higher education programme run by the Faculty of Business Administration and Engineering of Furtwangen University in conjunction with the Schwarzwald-Baar-Heuberg Chamber of Commerce (IHK) through § 33 (external examination) of the Baden-Württemberg State University Law.
Furtwangen University has designed the curriculum to teach the theory and practice of Business Administration and Engineering and is responsible for all examinations. The programme is organized and run by the IHK-Akademie in Villingen with the support of lecturers from Furtwangen University.
Graduates are awarded a Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) degree from Furtwangen University.
Lectures take place at the Chamber of Commerce in Villingen every Tuesday and Thursday evening and on Saturdays. Labs are held at Furtwangen University.
The duration of the part-time programme is nominally 7 semesters, which is regularly reduced to 6 semesters by recognising work experience as a practical semester. In the course of the study programme, a total of 180 ECTS are acquired.
* Modules marked with an asterisk (*) are recognised if the student has completed specialist vocational training to become a Certified Technical Business Administrator (Geprüften Technischen Betriebswirt(in) (IHK)).