A degree for those who want to combine biological theory and practice
NOW brand NEW on the Schwenningen Campus: Applied Biology. Started Winter Semester 2019/20.
The new "Applied Biology" programme combines fascinating areas of biology with practical applications from industry and research. You will gain a solid grounding in biology and medicine but you will also gain a scientific and technical understanding of numerous applications in the pharmaceutical and foodstuffs industries, as well as in the fields of medicine and environmental protection. Insights into the innovative research field of synthetic biology are also included in the course.
Language and management skills round off the programme, complementing the scientific curriculum content. A network of over 20 partner universities worldwide makes it possible for our students to take a study semester or complete an internship or thesis work abroad.
Good reasons to study Applied Biology
- Biology is the science of the 21 Century: biological know-how plays an important role in an increasing number of fields and employment areas, e.g. the pharmaceutical industry, medicine, foodstuffs production, applied environmental protection
- Interdisciplinary study programme with focus on biological sciences and their industrial applications
- Well-structured programme with direct transfer of knowledge from theory to lab practice and project practicals
- Outstanding, modern lab and teaching facilities
- Contact with potential employers already during programme in practical internship semester
- Close-knit study environment - lab practicals in small groups
Who is this programme designed for?
This programme is for all those interested in biology (cellular, micro- and molecular biology), biomedicine and biotechnology. Unlike a very broad-based, general biology degree at a university for example, we offer specific biological and technical know-how which is of core importance for industrial applications. In doing so our teaching is highly interdisciplinary aimed at giving you insights into the many different areas of application of biology, and at the same time, a high level of problem-solving competence. You will thus be equipped with the key skills that future employers seek and a broad range of career opportunities will be open to you upon graduation.
Interested in our programme? Then feel free to contact us using the online form below.
- ECTS 210 ECTS
- Programme duration 7 Semesters
- Location Villingen-Schwenningen
- Faculty Medical and Life Sciences
- Programme begins Winter semester (October), Summer semester (March)
- Application deadline 15 July (winter semester), 15 January (summer semester)
- Entry requirements
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation Yes (system accreditation)