A biology degree which combines theory with practice
A new degree programme, Applied Biology, is currently in planning. It will be offered on the Schwenningen Campus in Winter Semester 2019/20.
Are you interested in finding out more about the biological aspects of foodstuffs production or the sustainable use of raw materials in medicine, the pharmaceutical industry or in environmental protection? Then our new, innovative and future-oriented study programme, "Applied Biology" is the right one for you!
The focus of Applied Biology is the mechanisms and components of biological systems which man uses in widely differing ways. Students will learn for example, how pharmaceutical substances are produced with the help of micro-organisms or which raw materials can be extracted from biological sources. In doing so the programme covers everything from fundamental principles to industrial applications, teaching both biological sciences and engineering at the same time. Besides scientific content, language and management skills are also included in the curriculum. A network of over 20 partner universities worldwide makes it possible for our students to spend their internship semester, or to do their thesis, abroad.
If you are interested in the programme or have any questions about it, please contact us by filling out the digital form below.
- ECTS 210 ECTS
- Programme duration 7 Semesters
- Location Villingen-Schwenningen
- Faculty Medical and Life Sciences
- Programme begins Winter semester (October), Summer semester (March)
- Application deadline 15 January (summer semester), 15 July (winter semester)
- Entry requirements University entrance qualification
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation In preparation
- effective combination of sound fundamental principles and their industrial applications
- direct knowledge transfer from theory to practice in lab and project practicals
- networking possibilities with potential employers during programme in practical internship semester
- close-knit study environment - lab practicals in small groups
Biotechnology has now established itself firmly in many sectors, from the chemical and pharmaceutical industries, to the environmental and healthcare sectors and foodstuffs production. There is a particularly high demand for interface specialists with knowledge of both biological sciences and engineering.
The fields in which our graduates can find employment are varied and offer attractive career opportunities. These include:
- Research and Development
- Quality assurance
- Marketing/Product Management/Sales
- Measurement Technology and Analytics
- Safety Management
- Clinical/Chemical Diagnostics
- Environmental Protection
If you are interested in this degree programme or have any questions, just use the digital form below to contact us.