Promote health and quality of life
If you have any questions about your application and the application process, please contact the Internal link opens in the same window:Admissions Office.
Health Sciences or Public Health deals with the physical, psychological, social and economic conditions of health in the general public and the organization of healthcare.
Do you have an interest in healthcare-related topics and want to be able to promote a healthier lifestyle in various sectors of society? Would you like to become involved in shaping our healthcare system within the framework conditions of health policy, or are you interested in management tasks and could imagine yourself working for a health authority or in a similar area? Then the Health Sciences programme is the right one for you!
Good reasons to study Applied Health Sciences
- Interdisciplinary programme with broad academic coverage of basic courses and various specialization options
- Modern programme oriented towards current developments
- Sought-after expertise at the interfaces of medicine/nursing, man/technology, health/economy and health/society
- Highly practical programme due to practicals, labs and large amount of project work
- Extensive cooperation with companies and various healthcare institutions
- Attractive career perspectives in the growth market of healthcare
- Varied career pathways in organizations, healthcare institutions, local government, social insurance and health insurance companies
- ECTS 210 ECTS
- Programme duration 7 Semesters
- Campus Furtwangen Campus
- Faculty Health, Safety, Society
- Programme begins Winter semester (October), Summer semester (March)
- Application deadline 15 July (winter semester), 15 January (summer semester)
- Entry requirements University entrance qualification
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation Yes (accredited through the university system accreditation)