In three semesters, the Master of Applied Materials Science programme gives you a deeper understanding of materials science, materials engineering and production engineering.You will also improve your soft skills during the programme. Courses in management and simulation, as well as research practicals and project work, round off the programme.
The master's thesis is written in the third semester and a Master of Science (MSc) degree is awarded.
Techniques and soft skills
- HR and leadership skills, project management, business studies
- Selected areas of natural sciences
- Materials testing (practical)
- Research practical, project work
The systematic structure of the applied materials science programme is deepened in 5 specialization modules.
Two compulsory modules
- Surface technologies: surface technology and interfacial reaction, functionalization of surfaces (practical)
- Functional materials: composition of functional materials incl. advanced functional materials seminar
- Process and materials bionics: polymers and absorbable materials/bionics
- Hybrid materials: composites and their processing methods (lecture and practical)
- Implant technology: implants (materials, design, production process) and advanced seminar
- Production engineering: advanced production processes (e.g. chipping of high-performance materials) and practical
- Innovative production processes: additive production processes and practical
You customize your programme by choosing 3 of these 5 electives and one elective of choice with a credit weighting of 9 ECTS.