Regular attendance in the Language Center language courses is required to pass the "Classroom Participation" part of the exam. If participants miss more than 3 classes per semester (including absence due to illness), they will be awarded a "fail" grade (grade: 0) for "Classroom Participation".
Both the "Classroom Participation" and the "written exam" must be passed with a minimum grade of 50% (grade: 4.0).
The Language Center uses a Learning Management System called External link opens in a new window:LC-Online.
If you currently have an HFU user ID (for matriculated students), type it in the username area. The SSO feature is active, and your account will be automatically created. You can access the system then.
If you haven't received your HFU account yet, please fill out the form in the link and then follow the steps below: https://lconline.hs-furtwangen.de/login/signup.php?
- Create a username in the following format: john.doe (firstname.lastname)
- Choose a strong password. Your password must have at least 8 characters, at least 1 digit(s), at least 1 lower case letter(s), at least 1 upper case letter(s), at least 1 non-alphanumeric character(s) such as as *, -, or #
- Enter your private mail address temporarily. Once you have received your HFU mail address, please update it on your "Profile Page". A proper email address is necessary to receive important messages from the Language Center. Some email providers may mark "noreply" emails as "Spam/Junk", so please check your Spam/Junk mailbox regularly.
- Enter your first name and last name as it appears in an official document, i.e. your passport or personal ID. Account requests with unrecognizable names or nicknames will not be processed.
- Enter your Bewerber-Nr. (applicant number) which you can find in your admission documents. As soon as you receive your Matrikel-Nr. (student ID number), update it on your profile page. Please note that this is very important for course/exam registration.
- Your account request will be checked and confirmed by the LC Administration in a timely manner (within 24 hours).