The information provided here is for:
- refugees who are interested in taking a degree at Furtwangen University
- support staff helping refugees who wish to study at university
Furtwangen University offers study programmes on three campuses: in Furtwangen, Schwenningen and Tuttlingen. Here you can find an overview of all our study programmes. The minimum level of German and/or English required for each study programme can be found in this table: Language Proficiency required. Refugees must pay the normal semester charges of €130. In hardship cases it is possible to apply for a reduction on these charges. In addition, tuition fees have to be paid for some master's programmes. Details can be found on the webpages of the individual study programmes.
Furtwangen University offers suitably qualified refugees the opportunity to take part in selected, regular lectures as a guest auditor. This makes it easier to get to know the university system and to prepare for study at a German university. However guest auditors are not entitled to unlimited participation and where courses are overfilled, enrolled students take precedence. Additionally, guest auditors may not take examinations and participation cannot be accredited in any later study programme.
Depending on the circumstances, it is possible to apply for fees for refugees to be partially or completely waived.
Detailed information can be found here: Guest Auditors
Here you will find a range of projects and student initiatives, voluntary work and programmes with which refugees have been supported and integrated by HFU:
- Information from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for refugees regarding study in Germany
- Information for refugees regarding "Studying and living in Germany" from www.study-in.de
- Information for refugees from the Baden-Württtemberg Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts (MWK) regarding studying in Baden-Württemberg
- General information about all measures from the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- Information from the German Immigration and Refugee Office regarding student residency regulations