The following bachelor's programmes are taught entirely in English:
- International Business Management BA on the Schwenningen Campus
- Internal link opens in the same window:International Business Information Systems BSc on the Furtwangen Campus
The following bachelor's programmes are taught partly in English, partly in German:
- Business Management and Psychology BA on the Schwenningen Campus (Business modules are mainly taught in English)
- International Engineering BSc on the Schwenningen Campus
- International Business BA on the Schwenningen Campus
Individual lectures are taught in English in most other bachelor's programmes. These are included in the International Semester programme. More information about this can be found below.
Ten master's programmes are taught entirely in English and five are taught partially in English.
Click here for details of all HFU degree programmes. These can be filtered by language, degree type and campus.
In most study programmes, some of the courses are offered in English. Click here for Internal link opens in the same window:a list of modules taught in English or another foreign language.
The module descriptions of the individual courses can be found as follows:
1. Go to the website of a study programme.
2. Scroll all the way down and click on the green field "Details of study programme".
3. Scroll all the way down again. There you will see an overview of the modules in the different semesters.
4. Click on the desired module. Then the module description will open as a pdf.
For exchange students, the International Semester offers a range of attractive cross-faculty lectures and modules. Courses take place in high-tech facilities and have an international classroom atmosphere. All courses are taught in English and are fully accredited, allowing you to transfer credits back home. The highly qualified teaching staff is made up of Germans and international guest professors (e.g. from the UK, the Netherlands, the USA, Finland or Macau) and the student body is a mix of German and international students.
You will also have the opportunity to network with companies for potential thesis work or for future job prospects.
- You must be enrolled in a bachelor's programme at a university outside Germany and have completed the first two years of your studies there.
- A good command of the English language (minimum level of CEF B1) is essential, however no prior knowledge of German is necessary.
Your programme encompasses the areas of Computer Science & Media, Engineering & Business, and Health & Society, and is made up of the following modules:
- Courses (3-6 ECTS per course)
Each semester we offer a set of highly attractive, advanced undergraduate lectures, seminars and labs (at bachelor's level).
Additionally, each semester we offer a fixed set of advanced level lectures from our master’s programmes. The lectures offered vary from summer semester to winter semester.
- Colloquium (3-6 ECTS)
The "Perspectives on Innovation and Sustainability in Germany" colloquium will provide you with skills and insights into Germany. Excursions to companies will be part of the workshop.
- German language classes (6 ECTS)
These are offered at all levels from beginner to advanced.
- Team Project (optional, 6 ECTS)
Information is provided during the first week of the semester.
Programme Director: Prof. Dr. Achim Karduck
Download file:Module Overview Summer Semester 2020
Download file:Module Overview Winter Semester 2020/21
Download file:Module Overview Summer Semester 2022
Download file:Module Overview Winter Semester 2022/23