For exchange students, the International Semester offers a range of attractive cross-faculty lectures and modules. Courses take place in high-tech facilities and have an international classroom atmosphere. All courses are taught in English and are fully accredited, allowing you to transfer credits back home. The highly qualified teaching staff is made up of Germans and international guest professors (e.g. from the UK, the Netherlands, the USA, Finland or Macau) and the student body is a mix of German and international students.
You will also have the opportunity to network with companies for potential thesis work or for future job prospects.
- You must be enrolled in a bachelor's programme at a university outside Germany and have completed the first two years of your studies there.
- A good command of the English language (minimum level of CEF B1) is essential, however no prior knowledge of German is necessary.
Your programme encompasses the following components:
- Courses (3-6 ECTS per course)
Each semester we offer a set of highly attractive, advanced undergraduate lectures, seminars and labs (at bachelor's level).
Additionally, each semester we offer a fixed set of advanced level lectures from our master’s programmes. The lectures offered vary from summer semester to winter semester.
- Colloquium (3-6 ECTS)
The "Perspectives on Innovation and Sustainability in Germany" colloquium will provide you with skills and insights into Germany. Excursions to companies will be part of the workshop.
- German language classes (6 ECTS)
These are offered at all levels from beginner to advanced.
- Team Project (optional, 6 ECTS)
Information is provided during the first week of the semester.
The International Semester on Schwenningen Campus is only offered in the Summer Semester.
It offers lectures in the following disciplines:
- Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
Contact: Prof. Dr. Ulrike Fasol