New from August 2019 - apply now!
+++Apply now! Some places still available!+++
- Do you already speak German? And want to go from B1/B2 to C1 level?
- Do you want to study in Germany and to prepare yourself specifically for the DSH or TestDaF German certificates?
- Do you want to take a degree in the area of engineering, medical technology, computer science or biological sciences at a German university?
- Would you like to work later in one of the strongest industrial regions in south-west Germany and need help choosing the right study programme?
Then the PrepTec programme is the right one for you!
+++Financial support: You can also apply for a government grant (BAföG) for the PrepTec Programme. Further information can be found here.+++
What will I learn at PrepTec?
- German: The programme includes a 3-week intensive German preparatory course. Afterwards you will study for a semester specifically aiming to reach C1 level proficiency, with language courses for academic study and the workplace.
- STEM courses: If you are interested in taking a degree in one of the STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) but don't know exactly which course to take, PrepTec runs orientation events where you can find out what study programmes Furtwangen University has to offer.
- Learning lab: You will have the opportunity to try out the labs of the Bio and Process Technology, Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics and Medical Engineering programmes. This practical experience will make it easier for you to decide what course you would like to take later.
- Mathematics: You will need a sold grounding in mathematics if you want to take a degree in a STEM subject later. PrepTec prepares you for this to make it easier for you to start your study programme.
- Academic study skills: In various workshops, courses and lectures you will learn how to study at university and develop learning strategies. These will include teambuilding and project management.
- Intercultural skills: Are some situations at university or in daily life in Germany still very foreign to you? In an intercultural awareness seminar you will learn how to reflect on and master these situations.
- Workplace orientation: PrepTec will provide specific information about later career pathways in STEM fields and will support you in choosing the right course for you. The accompanying excursion programme to companies in the region offers first insights into your later working world.
Who is PrepTec suitable for?
- For those who already have a German Certificate at CEF (Common European framework of reference for languages) B1/B2 level
- For those who want to study in Germany but do not yet have the required C1 German language proficiency
- For those who already have a university entrance qualification from their home country (Abitur or equivalent)
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Short cover letter or letter of motivation (max. 1-2 A4 pages, in German or English)
- Proof of German language proficiency at level B1 or B2
- Proof of university entrance qualification or certificate which qualifies you to study at university level in your home country. (Normally the Centre for International Students, "Studienkolleg Konstanz", checks these qualifications and issues the required certificate which you need to apply to a university of applied sciences in Baden Württemberg. Further information can be found here.)
Please do not send any original documents.
Send your application documents by email: scha(at)hs-furtwangen.de
or by post:
PrepTec Orientation programme
Dr. Alexander Schneider
Jakob-Kienzle Straße 17
- No fees are charged to participate in the programme.
- No tuition fees are charged for the academic preparation programme. International students who would like to take a degree at Furtwangen University at the end of the preparation programme, will then have to pay tuition fees if their residency in Germany is for study purposes.
- Fees for language certificate examinations (TestDaF or DSH) are paid for participants.