Dear PrepTec applicant,
We are living in extraordinary times which are forcing us to find new and creative ways to safeguard the health of all.
However, our teaching is still continuing - and you can still take part in PrepTec to be able to apply for a German degree programme when you are finished.
AND you can still apply for the Winter Sememster 2020/21! We look forward to receiving your application.
Best regards from your PrepTec team
- Would you like to take a degree at a German university? Preferably in the areas of Engineering, Medical Technology, Computer Science or Biological Sciences?
- Do you already speak German at a B1/B2 level but need a DSH or TestDaF certificate for Level C1?
- Are you keen to work later on in the economic powerhouse region of south-west Germany, in a good job with very good career opportunities, and want to make sure you choose the right study programme?
Then PrepTec is just right for you!
PrepTec is a pre-study preparation course for engineering and natural sciences degree programmes at German universities. We offer:
- A compact, effective preparation course for the German certificate examination at C1 level
- German courses customised for the fields of natural sciences and engineering
- A solid grounding in mathematics and the natural sciences
- The soft skills you need for your study programme, from learning and presentation skills to teamwork
- Insights into the engineering and natural sciences degree programmes offered at HFU and into everyday life at university, as well as experience in labwork
- Careers guidance after graduation
And we help you every step of the way!
We support you at all stages of your PrepTec pre-study semester, in both your academic programme and in planning your study, for example finding accommodation or financial support. When you have passed the PrepTec course, you can start right away in a degree programme at HFU or another German university.
The PrepTec course aims to give you the ideal preparation for studying engineering or the natural sciences at a German university. Besides language courses, your knowledge of the natural sciences will be further developed and the fundamentals of maths reinforced. You will also be taught practical skills, for example in the teaching lab. Additional courses in soft skills, such as learning strategies and project management, ensure that you are well-prepared when you start your degree programme. You will also be advised about the programmes that HFU offers and the future career pathways open to you through information events and trips to various industrial companies in the region.
- The PrepTec course is free of charge.
- You are required to pay the fees for the certificate examination (TestDaF or DSH) yourself.
- Please note: if you take a degree programme in Germany after completing the PrepTec course, fees may be payable. More information on this can be found here.
- You may be eligible for a grant for the PrepTec programme. More information on this can be found here.
Send your application documents by email to preptec.hfu(at)hs-furtwangen.de or by post to the following address:
Dr. Stefanie Scherr
Jakob-Kienzle Straße 17
Please include the following documents in your application:
- completed application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- short letter of motivation (maximum 1 – 2 A4 pages in German or English)
- Proof of German language proficiency at CEF B1 or B2 level
- Proof of university entrance qualification or certificate which entitles you to study at a university in your home country. (Generally the Centre for International Students in Constance checks certificates and issues the necessary certification with which you can apply to a University of Applied Sciences in Baden-Württemberg. Centre for International Students in Constance)
Please do not send any original documents.
- Alexander Schneider: academic staff, contact person for PrepTec, responsible for application meetings, support/counselling, Bafög support/ medical technology and the Learning Lab
- Stephanie Kahsay: PrepTec, responsible for applications and selection interviews, language courses, student support and counselling
- Dr. Stefanie Scherr: Head of Global Services, responsible for applications and selection interviews, student support and counselling, project financing
- Jennifer Sailer: International Center, responsible for academic administrative support
- Henrike Seidinger: academic staff, responsible for organisation and coordination
- Dr. Elmar Dammann: academic staff, mathematics lecturer, Learning Lab, support/counselling
- Mary-Rose Keane-Matt: Language Center, responsible for intercultural training
- James Tan: Language Center, responsible for marketing and coordination of student assistants
- Andrew McDouall: Head of Language Center, responsible for student support and counselling
- Prof. Dr. Ulrike Salat: Professor of the Faculty of Medical and Life Sciences, Head of PrepTec Programme, MINT module lecturer
- Prof. Dr. Edgar Jäger: Professor of the Faculty of Mechanical and Medical Engineering, joint Head of PrepTec Programme, mathematics lecturer