The Germany Scholarship supports particularly gifted students whose background suggests that they will be particularly successful in their studies and later career. Besides outstanding academic grades, commitment to social causes and special personal achievements, for example the overcoming of personal obstacles in ones academic background, are also taken into consideration in awarding the Germany Scholarships. The scholarship is awarded for a minimum of 2 semesters and is normally only granted for the duration of the regular study period.
The Germany Scholarship (Deutschlandstipendium) enables students at Furtwangen University to receive a grant of €300 per month for the entire standard period of study. The Germany Scholarship is a performance-based scholarship. Half of the funding comes from the federal government and half from private sponsors, such as companies.
- You are enrolled as a Bachelor's or Master's student at Furtwangen University.
- You display academic excellence in your studies and show through your commitment to society that you are willing to take on responsibility.
We would especially like to encourage students with chronic illnesses/disabilities, students with child(ren), students caring for close relatives as well as students with migration experience and study pioneers to apply!
In the 2022/2023 academic year, 11 scholarships will be awarded to conscientious, high-achieving students. These Germany Scholarships are donated by companies and organisations and topped up with funds from the federal budget. The monthly grant amounts to €300.
The application deadline is Sunday, October 23, 2022.
The following scholarships are available for one year each:
- 3 scholarships without faculty or study programme commitment
- 2 scholarships at the HFU Business School
- 1 scholarship at the Faculty of Business Information Systems
- 1 scholarship at the Faculty of Mechanical & Medical Engineering or at the Faculty of Business Administration and Engineering
- 1 scholarship which can be awarded to a student of the following Bachelor's programmes
- Mechatronics and Digital Production
- Materials and Production Engineering
- International Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics
- 3 scholarships that can be awarded to students of the following degree programmes:
- Computer Science (Bachelor)
- Computer Science (Master)
- Mobile Systems (Bachelor)
- Business Application Architectures (Bachelor)
- Business Information Systems (Bachelor)
- International Business Information Systems (Bachelor)
- Human Factors (Master)
- Mechatronics and Digital Production (Bachelor)
- Smart Systems (Master)
The aim of the Germany Scholarship is to support students who have demonstrated outstanding achievements in their studies and careers. The selection process also takes into account the proven willingness to assume social and societal responsibility, as well as the successful mastering of extraordinary obstacles in one's own life and educational path.
If you are one of the best performing students or first-year students, please apply electronically only from your HFU email address to Email application is started:deutschlandstipendium(at)hs-furtwangen.de with the following attachments:
- A one-page letter of motivation stating your course of study, your faculty and your matriculation number
- A signed, scanned, informal consent to the retrieval of your study, examination and other data from the database of the HFU Student Affairs Department and for exclusive use in the context of the award decision for the Germany Scholarship at HFU in the academic year 2022/2023
- An informal statement (missing information may be required) as to whether and which other scholarships and study grants you are certain to receive or may receive during the period for which you are eligible for the Germany Scholarship
- A curriculum vitae (CV) in tabular form
- Your higher education entrance qualification certificate; in the case of foreign certificates, a translation that can be transferred to the German system and converted (by an official body) into the German grading system
- If applicable, proof of a special qualification that entitles you to study in the respective degree programme at HFU
- For applicants for a Master's degree, the first university degree certificate; in the case of foreign certificates, a translation that can be transferred to the German system and converted (by an official body) into the German grading system
- If applicable, internship and work references
- If applicable, further relevant proof of special awards and prizes, other knowledge and further commitment
- If applicable, other relevant documents that highlight your special eligibility for support in accordance with the objectives of the Germany Scholarship.
Please be sure to observe the following binding requirements when applying and submitting your documents.
The application must be sent from your HFU email address; documents from other sender accounts cannot be opened (for security reasons). Documents must be submitted as attachments to a single email, in PDF file format, and with relevant file names. Other file formats cannot be processed. The total size of all attachments must not exceed 15 MB.
Please make sure that your information and documents are complete, in particular that you submit all the above-mentioned attachments to 1.-5. and 7.
If the application documents are not written in German or English, please attach an officially certified translation in German.
If you are selected for a scholarship, these documents must be submitted later in the original or as a certified copy. Re-applications by applicants who have been successful or rejected in the past are possible and encouraged. Information on how to combine the Germany Scholarship with other scholarships and FAQs can be found here: External link opens in a new window:https://www.deutschlandstipendium.de/deutschlandstipendium/de/services/english/english_node.html.
The application deadline is Sunday, 23 October, 2022, 11.59pm. Applications received after this time will not be considered. Award decisions by the Scholarship Selection Committee will be made in early November. Grants will be made retroactively to the beginning of the academic year. Incomplete applications as well as applications not submitted by the deadline, in the correct form or according to the specifications will not be considered in the selection process; for organisational reasons, HFU will not inquire about this or provide feedback regarding non-consideration.
Would you like to financially support high-achieving students with €150 per month and thus anchor competent young talent in the region?
Then the Germany Scholarship (Deutschlandstipendium) is just the thing for you!
You get to know talented students and can interest them in your company at an early stage of their studies.
You deepen the cooperation with the HFU and can advertise with the support of the HFU.
By networking business and the university, you promote the location and, through your financial support, facilitate the scholarship holder's opportunity for outstanding study success and motivate young professionals to remain in the region.
You can find personal insights in the interview with a scholarship holder: Interview with scholarship holder Anna-Lena Scholz.
Further information on the Germany Scholarship can be found at: External link opens in a new window:https://www.deutschlandstipendium.de/deutschlandstipendium/de/services/english/english_node.html
If you are interested in a scholarship, External link opens in a new window:Prof. Dr. Katja Gutsche will be happy to assist you.
Study scholarship (€6,300)
Our aim is to provide our scholarship holders with a high degree of planning security by offering them a scholarship that is as long-term as possible. With a contribution of €6,300, you support one of our talented students throughout his or her studies. Would you like to support a student in a specific field? Please do not hesitate to contact us!
Annual scholarship (€1,800)
With €1,800 per year, you support a student for two semesters. After that, decide for yourself whether you would like to support us for longer.
SICK AG www.sick.com
TÜV SÜD AG www.tuvsud.com
Wieland-Werke AG www.wieland.com
Babtec Informationssysteme GmbH www.babtec.de
Gewerbeverband Oberzentrum e.V. www.gvo-vs.de
International Business Alumni Association e. V. www.hfu-business-network.de
Rotary Club Hohenkarpfen-Tuttlingen www.hohenkarpfen-tuttlingen.rotary.de
Scholarships are offered by various organisations such as parties, churches, the government, business and private trusts who each have their own goals, and expect from scholarship holders that they will support these goals. It is possible to apply to some of these organisations directly, but for others you have to be recommended.
An overview of study scholarships and further useful information regarding scholarships can be found on FELIX (login with HFU Account).