The Gender Equality Representative ensures that the German law on gender equality is upheld and implemented and supports the management in its implementation.
The Equal Opportunities Law passed on 26 February 2016 aims to actually implement equality between women and men, so that in the future discrimination on the basis of gender and family status is avoided.
The law particularly aims to support the equal participation of women and men in management positions.
In doing so the Gender Equality Representative is involved:
- in all job application processes
- in appointments to boards
- in the planning and design of training and continuing education measures
- in rejected applications for family-oriented working hours, part-time or home office work
- in the drafting of the gender equality plan and its interim version