Furtwangen University students can apply now for a Germany Scholarship (Deutschlandstipendium). In the 2019/2020 academic semester, six scholarships will be awarded to motivated and gifted students.
The scholarships are donated by companies and organisations and topped up with funds from the federal budget. The monthly scholarship amount is €300. Application deadline is Sunday, 20 October 2019.
The following scholarships are each available for one year:
- two scholarships unconnected to a Faculty or study programme,
- two scholarships for the HFU Business School,
- one scholarship for the Faculty of Business Information Systems,
- one scholarship for the Faculty of Mechanical & Medical Engineering or the Faculty of Business Administration and Engineering.
The Germany Scholarship aims to support students who have shown themselves capable of outstanding academic and professional performance. Selection criteria include proven social and community involvement, as well as the ability to overcome challenging obstacles in life and educational background.
How to apply
If you are an academic overachiever, then apply online to the following email address only: deutschlandstipendium(at)hs-furtwangen.de, attaching the following in PDF format:
- a Letter of Motivation ofmaximum 2 pages in length, including study programme, Faculty and matriculation number,
- an informal list of any further scholarships or academic funds you will or may receive in the same period as the Germany Scholarship
- a CV in tabular (German) format
- University entrance qualification certificate. Foreign certificates should be translated showing their equivalent in the German system. Equivalent German grades should also be shown,
- or proof of a special qualification permitting study in a particular study programme at HFU.
- Master's programme applicants should also submit the first university degree certificate and/or further qualifications relevant to acceptance and selection criteria for the master's programme,
- or proof of credits taken or not taken in the form of an unadjusted Transcript of Records, available from the Examinations Office,
- or internship and employment references,
- or additional proof of special awards and prizes, other skills and further community involvement,
- and/or, further documents, which indicate your suitability for the scholarship as set down in the aims of the Germany Scholarship.
If the application documents are neither in German or English, an officially certified translation in German should be attached.
Please submit your documents in PDF format only with a clear file name. If you are selected for a scholarship, the originals, or certified copies of these documents must be submitted at a later time. It is possible to reapply for a scholarship, whether or not you were successful in the past. Information on combining the Germany Scholarship concurrently with other scholarships can be found here: https://www.deutschlandstipendium.de/files/2018_12_06DStip_Uebersicht_Doppelfoerderung.pdf .
The application deadline is Sunday, 20 October 2019. The decisions of the Scholarship Selection Committee should be announced in November. Awards will be backpaid to the beginning of the semester. Incomplete or incorrectly completed applications, or those which do not meet the deadline, will not be accepted.