The Molecular Biomedicine Lab which was set up in 2014, is used mainly for practicals for students in higher semesters. It is also used by thesis students and doctoral students working on various projects.
The whole lab is currently registered at Security Level 1, so genetic engineering experiments posing no danger to humans and the environment are allowed. A separate area at Security Level 2 for work with micro-organisms (risk group 2) was approved in 2015.
Uses of lab
Both practicals and research and project work are carried out in the lab:
- Isolation and analysis of micro-organisms from human and animal samples
- Cell culture experiments and various gene expression analyses, including using real-time PCR
- Genetic engineering work (S1) with cell cultures
- Work with micro-organisms (risk group 2) under S2 conditions
- Fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH)
- Sequenzing of small genomes, amplicons and small RNAs
- 16S metagenomics
- Quantification and detection of proteins
- Research on nanoparticles
A 4.10 + 4.12 Villingen-Schwenningen