The Materials Testing Lab is equipped with all machines and facilities necessary for materials testing. The Lab is used for Materials Science practicals in the International Engineering and Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics programmes. In addition, industrial commissions can be carried out in the Lab.
- 2 Zwick Roell universal testing machines (tension/pressure) up to maximum pressure of 20 and 200kN
- Hardness testing device for the testing of hardness according to Brinell, Vickers and Rockwell HRC
- Time TR200 surface roughness measurement device
- Zwick Roell pendulum machine to determine impact strength according to Charpy (ISO 179, ASTM D 6110) and Izod (ISO 180, ASTM D 256, ASTM D 4812) up to 50 Joule
- Zeiss measuring microscope
C0.05, C0.08 Villingen-Schwenningen