A well-equipped Materials Technology Lab is available on campus for work in the field of Materials Engineering and Materials Science. The University and companies have invested jointly in the technical equipment of the Material Technology Lab providing an excellent working environment for everyone involved.
The results are used for both teaching and R&D. Students in the 2nd semester of the Medical and Production Technology programmes and those in the Technical Orientation Prep Course carry out basic practicals in the Materials Technology Lab. In groups of 2 or 3, students analyze the properties of materials and carry out related experiments. Students in the Materials Engineering programme and in the Applied Materials Science master's programme use the lab throughout their studies.Besides bachelor's, master's and doctoral students, companies can also carry out projects and experiments in the lab.
Requests by companies to use the Lab
Enquiries by institutes and businesses should be directed to Professor Dr. rer. nat. Hadi Mozaffari-Jovein.
Materials Technology Lab equipment for basic practicals
- Zwick tension testing machine, 50 kN
- Heat treatment system with annealing and tempering oven
- Impact testing equipment, 300 J
- Vickers and Rockwell durometer
Materials Technology Lab equipment for practicals and research
- X-ray diffractometer
- Scanning electron microscope (REM /SEM) with XFlash®Detektor
- Scanning force microscope (AFM)
- Differential scanning calorimeter
- Pushrod dilatometer
- Simultaneous thermal analysis
- Surface quality measurement
- Universal testing machine
- X-Ray fluorescence spectrometer
- Emission spectrometer
- Computer tomography scanner