The 100 m2 IT Security Lab is located in the main building in Furtwangen. The lab is equipped with a high-performance virtualization server and various personal computers. The following equipment is also available: a hardware-based keylogger, a spectrum analyzer for 2.4 and 5-GHz band, secure hard drives/ USB sticks and other teaching aids.
In the "Information technology" practical, students can work in the following areas:
- Installation and configuration of a Unix-type operating system
- Setting up of a webserver including generation of the relevant encryption certificates
- Configuration of a simple firewall
- Exploration of a given network
- Monitoring of network traffic using a packet sniffer
- Configuration of an email system
- Encryption of emails using various technologies
- Installing of an intrusion prevention system
The lab and equipment is used for student practicals and projects and for bachelor's and master's thesis work.
A 3.18 Furtwangen