The PC and study workstations (incl. group workstations) will be available again in the library on all three university campuses as of 4 October, 2021.
Please note the following:
- So-called 3G proof is required: when you enter our libraries, please show without being asked, one of the following types of required proof (according to §2 COVID-19-Protective Measures-Exception Regulations) together with your HFU-Card
- Proof of vaccination -> the required number of Corona vaccinations must have taken place at least 14 days previously
- Proof of convalescence -> test must have been taken at least 28 days and no more than six months previously
- Proof of test -> antigen rapid test taken no longer than 24 hours previously
→ Exception: If you only want to pick up or drop off books, no proof is required.
In principle, masks are mandatory within the library - including at the individual and group workstations.
In the libraries, contact registration via QR code is mandatory:
- There are displays with a QR code in the entrance area of the libraries.
- Please scan this QR code with the camera of your smartphone.
- If your smartphone is not able to scan the QR code or if you have another device with you, please register by clicking on the appropriate link in the External link opens in a new window:digital registration list of your campus library
- After scanning, use the link to select the "Library" and your expected length of stay.
- You are then checked into the library
- When you leave the library, again confirm this by clicking on "Leave Room".
Hygiene rules - AHA
- A mask covering both the nose and the mouth (medical or FFP2 (DIN EN 149:2001), KN95, N95 standards) must be worn in the library at all times, including at study places.
- We ask all visitors to disinfect their hands on entering the library.
- Distancing rule: please maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 metres
- Work tables, PC keyboards and the PC mouse should be cleaned by the user
- Access and use by external users is currently not permitted. Guest cards cannot be issued at present.
Media lending services
- During opening hours media search can be carried out in the libraries standard collections. Books can be borrowed using the self-issuing system.
- Our book scanner can be used to make copies from standard collections and magazines in the library.
- Please carry out your literature search as far as possible over our External link opens in a new window:BOSS or OPAC catalogues before coming to the library, or use your mobile device for your searches in the library.
Return of media
- Outside opening hours books can be returned using the book return boxes in front of the libraries and / or during the opening hours via the book carts in the entrance areas of the libraries.
Extensions and reminders
- Please extend borrowed media over your user account in OPAC or BOSS.
- External link opens in a new window:Inter-library loans can be made by university members using OPAC or BOSS.
Payment of fees and charging of HFU cards
- Fee payments can be made, and HFU cards charged at the library payment machines.
- During opening hours, the card readers in the libraries can be used for payment.
Please send enquiries by email to:
- Furtwangen Campus (email@example.com)
- Schwenningen Campus (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuttlingen Campus (email@example.com)
or directly over the service desk
You can reach us on campus by telephone under the following numbers:
- Furtwangen Campus: 07723-920-2207
- Schwenningen Campus: 07720-307-4770
- Tuttlingen Campus: 07461-1502-6321
For urgent enquiries please contact us over Whatsapp: 017665821965