International Semester FU
at Furtwangen Campus (Winter and Summer Semester)
The International Semester aims to deepen your academic knowledge and enhance your skills in the context of German industry. The International Semester provides you with modules in your field of studies and prepares you for a career in our globalized world. We are located in a high-tech region of Germany and will introduce you to its innovation culture. The programme is:
- open for Bachelor Students, who have completed 2 years of studies at their home universities.
- a customized programme which is created together with the academic advisor according to your interests and prerequisites.
- is taught in English, therefore, you will need to have a good command of Englisch.
- includes an attractive selection of advanced courses from various disciplines and typically comprises 4 components (see below).
1) Courses (3-6 ECTS per course)
Each semester we offer a set of highly attractive and advanced undergraduate lectures, seminars and labs (Bachelor level) from the following disciplines:
Additionally, each semester we offer a fixed set of advanced level lectures from our Business Consulting and Smart Systems Master’s programmes. Please note: The lectures offered in the International Semester at Furtwangen Campus differ from summer semester to winter semester.
2) Workshop (3 ECTS)
The workshop "Industry and Innovation Ecosystem in Germany" is compulsory, since we aim to provide you with skills and insights into Germany. Excursions to companies are planned to be part of the workshop.
3) German Language Classes (6 ECTS)
You are expected to take part in the German language programme, which is offered at all levels from beginner to advanced.
4) Team Project (optional, 6 ECTS)
Optionally, you can take part in a team project during the semester. You will be informed about the projects available during the first week of the semester. We support the idea of projects in which you will work together with German students.
Recommendation: A full semester of studies is awarded 30 ECTS. Usually, you will choose 2-3 courses, the industry and innovation workshop, and the German language class. The semester project is optional.